Application Specialist Remote
FL - US - Florida
Work independently as a high level technical expert for ***'s ACH Hosted and ASP Outsourcing implementations, providing expert consultation to the client before, during, and after conversion as well as internal consulting services. As a technical consultant, analyze client requirements, develop application integration programs/utilities and provide expertise to the Outsourcing organization to meet client and *** business needs.
*1. Evaluates the systems needs of internal and external clients and recommends appropriate
*2. Analyzes existing programs or formulates logic for new systems and devises logic procedures
related to advances in related technology.
*3. Configures product or customized technology solution based on technical specifications.
*4. Designs, codes, installs and maintains systems software programs, as well as applications and
systems analysis on an as needed basis.
*5. Serves as the primary client interface from a technical perspective
* 6 Communicate progress and any potential problems to *** management for awareness and/or
*7. Resolve complicated software support issues related to application design specifications.
*8. Provides technical assistance and information to the client, computer operations, technical
services and application programming.
*9. Participates in 24 x 7 on-call rotation.
10. Provides input for the documentation for use by the client, computer operations, client services
and technical services
11. Completes other duties as assigned.
* Essential Functions
The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job, and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent education in a related discipline is required. Related work experience can be substituted for educational requirement.
Job Related Experience:
Typically requires seven or more years experience in application and/or enterprise architecture design and development, managing and delivering software and integration projects to clients.
Exposure to ACH Operations and/or PEP+ product is a plus.
Functional Area Skills/Knowledge:
Distributed Systems Concentration of Skills/Knowledge:
• Working experience and highly proficient with a wide variety of database and web technologies including but not limited to:
o Windows Server Technology
o Linux, AIX or Unix Server Platforms
o WebLogic or WebSphere Application Servers
o Apache or IIS Web Servers
o Oracle, SQL, and DB2 database technology
o IBM WebSphere MQ
o SOAP, WSDL, XML
o TCP/IP and networking protocols, firewall architectures and security systems
Mainframe Systems Concentration of Skills/Knowledge:
• Working experience with mainframe file structures such as – VSAM, DB2.
• Working experience with mainframe communication protocols such as – TCP/IP
• Working experience with mainframe utilities such as JCL, RACF, etc
• Working experience with IBM's Transaction Server, CICS.
• Working experience or familiarity with mainframe programming languages such as – COBOL
General Functional Area Skills/Knowledge:
• Solid understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and all aspects of application phases from design through deployment.
• Must demonstrate experience working with third party systems.
• Familiar with relevant business issues as they impact overall project plans.
• Excellent communication and reading comprehension skills.
• Able to integrate product knowledge with technical knowledge.
• Able to learn new applications and new platforms as needed.
• The individual must possess the following management and leadership competencies:
o Action Oriented
o Dealing with Ambiguity
o Integrity and Trust
o Peer Relationships
o Personal Learning
o Strategic Agility
• General office environment.
• No specific physical requirement.
• Stressful situations may occur occasionally.
• Ability to work extended workdays, weekends and holidays as required
• Occasional travel is required.