OH - Columbus
Nesco Resource has partnered with a growing Geotechnical firm with clients in Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky, Pennsylvania, Virginia and West Virginia that is looking to fill an Architect in its Columbus, OH.
Our customer has a 91-year track record for providing engineering, testing and environmental services to its clients.
General Statement of Duties:
One of our rapidly growing services is centered on the remediation of existing structures. Our customer provides various levels of condition assessment to aid clients in managing facility assets by examining the building envelope assembly from both inside and out. Our experienced staff pays attention to the details of a client's facility and custom design, as the proper design is critical when conducting remedial work.
Candidates will ideally be a self-starter with experience or interest in Forensic Investigations, Property Condition Assessments, Building Surveys, Testing and Analysis along with design experience for building envelope and roof remediation. Experience with Infrared surveys and nuclear moisture surveys are preferred but not required.
Works independently on broad spectrum of projects under the direction of a Department Manager.
Direct supervisory duties required. Training and supervision of direct reports.
Examples of Duties:
- Leads the process of condition assessment to aid clients in managing facility assets by examining the building envelope assembly from both inside and out
- Manage attention to the details of a client's facility and custom design, as the proper design is critical when conducting remedial work
- Experience in Forensic Investigations, Property Condition Assessments, Building Surveys, Testing and Analysis, Design experience for building envelope and roof remediation
- Experience with infrared surveys and nuclear moisture surveys are preferred
- Affiliation with Roof Consultants Institute, RRC, and RRO accreditation are desirable
- Expertise in research and investigation of existing structures, strong background in forensic evaluation
- Experience predicting and diagnosing deficiencies, including water intrusion, expert in codes, technical standards and specifications, background in corrosion mechanisms and prevention, expert in fenestration systems design
- Strong knowledge of CAD, Microsoft Office Products
- Knowledge of in-depth design, manufacturing, installation of the primary building envelope materials
- Knowledge of emerging technologies with building exteriors
- Expert level knowledge and understanding of building sciences and their performance in the global marketplace
- Knowledge of information required for construction budgeting, math and geometry skills. Architecture or Civil Engineering and Professional License are a plus. If the candidate is not licensed, they will need to become licensed within 1 year of employment. Membership and registration with Roof Consultant Industry a plus
- Skill in written and verbal communication
- Client development and retention through skill and ability in growing the service market and being comfortable with regularly interacting with potential clients
- Must be able to manage personnel and work with other consultants, owners and contractors
- Ability to manage multiple projects and clients
- Ability to provide expert Legal testimony in litigation cases as needed
- Ability to define the scope of work, prepare proposals. Relates performance aspects and observes and reports on building envelope testing and construction to work with a team
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture or Civil Engineering
- Ability to work with a team
- Affiliation with the Roof Consultants Institute, RRC, and RRO accreditation is also a plus.
- License to practice in Ohio or ability to get within 1 year of employment
- Must provide a valid driver's license and clean driving record*
Nesco Resource is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.