Cable Tech - Charlotte, NC
NC - Charlotte
Cable Technicians Needed in Charlotte, NC - Six openings
- Perform skilled infrastructure/structured cabling work in the installation, service and maintenance, repair and alteration of low voltage category cabling, fiber optic cabling, communications cabling and other various low voltage cabling systems.
- Complete physical installations and removal of structured cabling components, cabinets, pathway systems (cable tray), move equipment, racks, and related communications infrastructure materials.
- Must be flexible with hours- mainly days; some night work as project demands.
- Short term contract; up to 3 months, possible extension
- Perform installation and service of low voltage category cabling, fiber optic cabling, communications cabling, communication equipment and other various low voltage related systems such as Category 3, Category 5, Enhanced Category 5, Category 6 and Fiber Optic Structured Cable Distribution Systems.
- Evaluate, diagnose, troubleshoot cabling infrastructure systems and perform repairs as necessary.
- Perform upgrades and additions to cabling infrastructure systems in order to increase functionality and usability.
- Respond to emergency situations during or after hours for the purpose of resolving immediate client concerns and meet SLAs.
- Achieve performance targets established by leadership for applicable Key Performance Indicators.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- High School / GED or Equivalent Required. Associate degree or Certification in a technology services/technical discipline, or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Minimum 2+ years' experience installing, servicing, and maintaining low voltage cable infrastructure systems such as Category 3, Category 5, Enhanced Category 5, Category 6 and Fiber Optic Structured Cable Distribution Systems.
- Proven ability to install, terminate & test low voltage cables & fiber optical cables to include twisted pair cable, coax, power limited tray cable, stranded & solid conductor low voltage cable, single mode & multi-mode fiber optical cables.
- Working knowledge of industry standards including BICSI, ANSI, EIA/TIA, and local and National Electric Code.
- Mechanical aptitude with the ability to read blueprints, architectural, mechanical, and electrical documents.
- Valid driver's license and ability to safely drive company vehicles.
- Comprehension of terminology pertaining to installation & service of cabling infrastructure for telecom, data, security & wireless systems.
- Strong customer/client service orientation with effective communication and interpersonal skills, including tact and diplomacy.
- Proven skills in reliability and dependability demonstrated through completing tasks on time and with minimal supervision, punctual and present for work, informing appropriate individuals when work will not be completed in agreed upon time frame.
- Heavy Work: May frequently exert force equivalent to lifting up to approximately 50 pounds and/or occasionally exert force equivalent to lifting up to approximately 100 pounds.
Nesco Resource is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.