Desktop Support Specialist
DE - Newark
Desktop support specialist needed to help deploy new, upgrade existing desktops and laptops in Newark, DE. 2 to 3 month contract assignment.
The Desktop Support Technician's role is to upgrade existing desktops, and peripherals. That includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading hardware while ensuring optimal desktop performance. The technician will also troubleshoot problem areas in a timely and accurate fashion and provide end-user assistance where required.
Knowledge and Experience:
• Excellent knowledge of PC and desktop hardware.
• Excellent knowledge of PC internal components.
• Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
• Extensive equipment support experience.
• Working technical knowledge of current protocols, operating systems, and standards.
• Ability to operate tools, components, and peripheral accessories.
• Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation and OEM guides.
• Team-oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative environment
Formal Education & Certification
• 3 years work experience in related field and 2 years technical experience in supporting business users
• Minimum High School Diploma
• Experience in Microsoft Windows environment including all facets of network support, desktop support.
• Experience with Microsoft Office 365, and Internet browsers.
• Knowledge and configuration of networks
• Excellent communication and technical skills, ability to work in a team environment