Lead Help Desk Support Specialist
OH - Cincinnati
Major Goals and Responsibilities:
This position provides computing support to customers of the company and staff. The position is responsible for problem determination, possible resolution, problem/incident recording, problem resolution, problem escalation for network or solutions related service requests with Lead role responsibilities of the Team.
Products and services supporting include but not limited to: networks, client/server systems, mainframe systems, PC and Macintosh desktops, desktop application software, intact, E-Copy, and Fleet View, Papercut and others.
General Administration/Help Desk Support (80%)
- Provide first-level contact and problem resolution for all users with hardware, software and applications problems.
- Resolve as many user-reported problems as expertise permits using available tools and following procedures and policies for the handling of support cases.
- Courteously obtain and convey concise problem information for external and internal customers.
- Provide accurate and timely logging of problems and resolution for problems in E-Automate.
- Escalate problems as appropriate following company procedures.
- Act as a liaison between customers and internal support staff to assure accurate problem interpretation.
- Maintain communications with customers during the problem resolution process. This includes connectivity metrics, policies, and procedures which provide a positive work environment.
- Take ownership for and make recommendations for improvements to connectivity support
Training and Quality Improvement (10%)
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of supported products and services.
- Work with the Software Solutions Specialist to identify available Help Desk training that will enhance and improve computing support delivered to customer.
- Perform coaching and mentoring for Connectivity Technicians as assigned.
Help Desk documentation, records and procedures (10%)
- Review and update Help Desk documentation as assigned.
- Review and recommend modifications to procedures with Software Solutions Specialist and management.
- Gather and input data for regular reports distributed by Help Desk.
Behavioral Traits, Activities and Skills Required:
- Assertiveness – Provides current, direct, complete and actionable feedback to others. Deals with problems quickly, directly and is not afraid to take action when necessary.
- Communication – Conveys information accurately, efficiently, listens actively and incorporates the ideas of others, adapts written and oral style to the audience to enhance understanding. Appropriately maintains confidential information.
- Decision Making – Gathers necessary information, makes timely and good decisions by calling on varied resources and sound judgment.
- Initiative – Takes prompt action to accomplish objectives, goes beyond what is required and/or expected, acts on ways to improve existing conditions and processes, seeks to resolve problems without being asked.
- Organization - Effectively structures ideas, people or resources in ways that support the achievement of specific and broad objectives, works in an orderly, systematic fashion.
- Problem Solving – Analyzes interrelated elements of problems and works systematically to solve them, uses sound judgment to develop efficient and feasible resolutions to challenging issues.
- Teamwork – Acts as a valuable, collaborative team member by demonstrating willingness to support customers, sales and service groups. Develops cooperative relationships, exchanging ideas and preventing and resolving problems.
- Training – Further your knowledge to obtain an overall of all of our products offered today.
Prerequisites (i.e... education, experience) EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- High School and Technical School graduate or equivalent experience.
- 10-15 years experience related to technical/repair of business equipment.
- Ability to multitask service issues.
- Excellent customer relations skills background.
- Operate a motor vehicle and have a valid driver's license at all times.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs, be able to sit, stand or stoop for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work full time.
Primary People Contacts Primary People Contacts:
- Customers, Logistics, Sales, Service managers, Employees and Service technicians, Vendor Support Personnel and Sr.VP of Technical Service
Toughest Part of Job
- Must be able to work closely with all of our vendors to ensure customer satisfaction was achieved with the least amount of downtime.
- Thorough understanding of all models serviced.
Compensation Methods, compensation range and advancement opportunities
- Salary Base and bonus plan performance compensation.
Nesco Resource is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.