NY - Amsterdam
Nesco Resource is currently recruiting for an experienced Welder/Fitter in the Amsterdam, NY area. This is a direct hire position with full-time, day hours. The Welder/Fitter will be responsible for fabricating various company products. We are looking for an individual with gas metal arc and flux cored arc welding experience. This position will require experience with pre-heat, weld fit up, weld preparation, weld inspection, and weld finishing.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Gas metal arc and flux cored arc welding experience
- Able to MIG weld carbon steel
- Able to pass a welding qualification test in accordance with AWSD 1.1
- Past experience using overhead cranes
- Welding machine maintenance experience
- Able to read and understand blue prints including symbols and terminology
- Able to plan and construct simple tooling and fixturing
- Understand basic shop math
*You will complete a welding test during the interview process*
Shift: 6:00am-2:30pm + OT when necessary
Nesco Resource is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.